Friday 22 February 2013

Technology and Science: Influence in our Daily Lives

Technology: technology is the innovation tools that one creates to make a certain activity easier or fun.
Science: is a systematic study of the universe which is about organizing knowledge in a form of testable predictions and explanations.
Reflexivity: this refers to the causes and effects of something and how these causes and effects affect each other.
Technicism: is basically technology taken to the extreme, some argue that technicism is the belief that humanity may have the ability to control existence through technology.

Technology has become a major part of humanity today, almost everyone has atleast one technological tool they rely on in a daily basis. Me, for example, I use too many products that went through a process of scientific studies before I ever thought of using or owning 1. When I wake up in the morning I check my cellphone for the latest news, then take a shower (using toiletry products such as soaps, lotion, and toothpaste), this is just in the first hour of my waking, meaning that I would rely on technology for the rest of my day without even realizing it. As a Graphic Design student interested in animation, one would say most of my life is based on technology that without electricity, I would have had no hope of  being employed as an animator.



No comments:

Post a Comment